Happy National Pepperoni Pizza Day, you guys! Brexton and I decided to try and make our pizza into the shape of a dinosaur —Brexton’s favorite thing at the moment—, but as you can see from the cover photo, it was a total #PinterestFail.
But hey, at the end of the day, it was pizza, so it tasted A LOT better than it looked! Feel free to try this recipe for yourself, and tag me in any of your recreations! I need to know if I’m the only one who has #momfail moments like this.
- 1 Package of Store-Bought Pizza Dough
- Pasta Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Food Coloring in a Color of Your Choice
- Start by rolling out the dough into a circle shape (using flour is super helpful for this!)
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of pasta sauce onto one side of the dough.
- Then pop on your pepperonis and cheese as desired.
- Fold one side of the circle to overlap onto the other side.
- Press down on the edges to secure dough is molded together on the edges.
- Using a pizza cutter, make slides in the edges and shape into triangles.
- Using dough, create a circular head and tail and secure onto the body.
- Beat an egg in a separate bowl, and use 1-2 drops of food coloring to turn the egg wash to that color.
- Use the egg wash on top of the entire dinosaur.
- Bake for ~15 minutes at 400 degrees.