Uncle Greg (not really related to us) is one of our oldest friends and helps Brexton with his racing. He brought this casserole to the rack track the other night and everyone went wild for it! I asked his wife Lauren for the recipe so I could share it with you all!
What you’ll need:
3 cups cooked shredded chicken
16 oz sour cream
10.5 can cream of chicken soup
1 packet of ranch seasoning
1/4 cup of buffalo seasoning
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
How to make:
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Mix chicken, cream of chicken soup and sour cream together well.
3. Add one packet of ranch dressing seasoning and buffalo sauce and mix.
4. Add carrots and celery and mix well.
5. Grease a baking dish and add chicken mixture to the bottom of the pan.
6. Add in 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and mix and spread evenly across bottom of pan.
7. Top with a bag of frozen tater tots.
8. Back at 350 for 40-45 minutes until tater tots are nice and crispy.
A couple tips from Lauren:
You can cook the chicken breast in the crockpot with cream of chicken soup and sour cream so that it’s nice and easy to shred. Put the tater tots on top (don’t mix them in) so that they get a nice golden brown and crunchy when they cook. This recipe is another great one pot meal and was so tasty. I loved the addition of the veggies and even would put some green onions on top to garnish if you were bringing somewhere. The chicken in the crockpot was so nice and tender, but you can also shred a rotisserie chicken for easy prep! It would be perfect for a potluck, to bring to the track/game, or even an easy weeknight dinner.